Wow! What a day!!!
After a three year hiatus, on August 30th, 2022, Nature Play Day returned to the parks. 150 preschoolers and 80 adults from early childhood centers, family child care homes, neighborhood resource centers and SF families came out to Heron’s Head Park to observe wildlife, run an obstacle course, touch worms, read books, make crafts and kites, create with nature, and so much more!
Touching animal pelts, seeing the butterflies, getting up close with worms, seeing a variety of books and being able to share this with my son.
Playing by the water and bird watching. There was so much to explore and learn while connecting with nature. The books were a highlight.
My kids absolutely loved crab hunting, but I was really enthused by the obstacle course and the nature play section.
Fifteen organizations under the umbrella of SF Children & Nature contributed staff time and resources, helped spread the word, translated event materials, welcomed attendees, guided groups, facilitated 12 distinct nature-inspired activities, and shared their passion for connecting with the natural world.
Many thanks to our event partners who made Nature Play Day possible:
- Bayview Family Resource Center Evans Campus (MNC)
- California Academy of Science
- Children & Nature Network (National)
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families
- FACES Bayview
- First 5 San Francisco
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
- Low Income Investment Fund
- Mimi and Peter Haas Fund
- Randall Museum
- Children’s Council of San Francisco & Healthy Apple Program
- SF Public Library
- SF Rec & Park (EcoCenter, Volunteer, Urban Agriculture, Girls Play Sports, Partnerships)
- Tandem Partners in Early Learning
See you in the Parks and sign up to keep in touch.